Data Center Infrastructure Management integrates facets of system management with building management and energy management, with a focus on IT assets and the physical infrastructure needed to support them.While DCIM is no magic bullet, but it does have the capability to give real-time insight into power, space, and cooling that helps you manage capacity, reduce risk and increase efficiency.
DCIM can help decision-makers:
- Locate, visualize, and manage all of their physical assets within an integrated “single pane” view of the entire infrastructure-EASE OF ACESS
- Automate the commissioning of new equipment, reducing the need for error-prone, time-consuming manual tasks like walking the floor to confirm what can go where-ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Automate capacity planning with unparalleled forecasting capabilities, including the use of “what if” scenarios-CUSTOMIZABLE TO SCENARIOS
- Reduce energy consumption, energy costs, and carbon footprint – GREEN IT
- Align IT to the needs of the Organization– and maintains that alignment, no matter how radically the Organization grows-RESPONSIVE TO ORGANIZATION